John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update June 23, 2010

On Wednesday, June 23 we went to the oncologist. Neil was very weak and out of breath. He has had a pain in his leg for a few days and has been afraid to walk. The grandchildren were here and showered him with "tickles" but even that did not brighten his spirits.

The oncologist checked everything out and proclaimed all was well. He basically said that Neil has to walk and eat if he wants to get better. Today a physical therapist will arrive to get that started. Hopefully this is what he needs. Also the Visiting Angels will come today to get started helping me so I am not so tired all of the time.

I have my shoppers busy...Gilliams bought a scales so we can keep track of his weight. Carolyn is buying a sunscreen for the car so it will be cooler when we go out to the doctors. I don't know what I would do without family and friends. Thanks to all of you.
love, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment