John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update June 29, 2010

Hi Everyone,
We're making progress. We did take the wheelchair (borrowed from Eva) to the oncologist but he didn't always use it..We'll be getting a lighter weight one soon..to save my back...I spent some time at the nearby Walmart while he had his chemo which was a nice respite for me.

6-8 p.m. or Weekends seem to be the best times for phone calls. Otherwise we seem to be on the phone with nurses, doctors, caregivers, etc.

15-30 minute visits are the best at this time as he's still quite weak. We love all of you but he still needs to rest and is somewhat afraid of germs.

The visiting angels told me to get gift cards from Publix, Walmart, and Walgreens in case people had to shop for me. I thought that was a good idea so that's done...might be an idea for one of you sometime.
love to all, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment