John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update June 8, 2010

Today is Tuesday and we made it through a night and most of today without a trip back to a hospital. The Visiting Nurse came today and techs will come throughout the week to assess and help us care for Neil. Mary Anne, has been a blessing. I would never have made it without her, our kids, the doctors, nurses, friends and God beside me. It is exhausting to be a caregiver and the four of us...Dean, Ellen, Mary Anne and I have experience it full force. But we go on because we love him so deeply.He's a good patient and constantly says, "I'm so sorry to put you through this."Maria brought a lovely dinner tonight that MA and I really enjoyed. Neil liked the jello and is drinking Ensure mostly. I think his sister is going to spoil him with special milkshakes. She's reading all of the labels to build him up with protein as he's lost 30 pounds and is very weak. Thanks, once again, to all of you, for everything. Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment