John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Clean Plate Club

Please tell my Big Brother I'm counting on him to clean up his plate!

And, I'm gonna 'tattle tale if he feeds the meat to Ned!' Well, Ned would be 61 today if that incredibly smart, wonderful German Shepherd were still alive, so, in this case... I'm just gonna TELL if he sends his plate back with food still on it!

Yeah, I was an awful snitch back in the early 50s. Then, when I turned 14, he had more dirt on me than I had on him and the tables turned. Then, he kept me pretty well in line. . . til he ran off to Butler.

Which reminds me, did I tell you Janie Hagan Stevens (she married Chuck Stevens) came to the Hagerstown Museum last week? She's praying for Neil, like everyone else. She told Tom she had a huge crush on him in high school, but he never noticed.

Also, the Haisley family came to the museum Friday and asked about Neil. Their mother, Priscilla Haisley (a classmate of Aunt Mildred's) just died. They're all praying for Neil, too.

Which reminds me, Aunt Mildred called Sunday night, worried about Neil. Sure wish she had email! I keep forgetting to call her with updates, but I promise to do better. She's praying all the time for his speedy recovery. And, we all know she's well connected. She really believes prayer brought her back more than once.

I saw John Roberts (HHS '58) Thursday night and he asked me to tell Neil he's praying for him, too. John's a Hagerstown City Councilman and a fellow member of the Hagerstown Flying Circus committee. We're having about 35 Vintage Aircraft coming to the "Longest, Best Grass Airstrip in America" Tuesday, July 20. The vintage pilots stage quite a show in Hagerstown, while on their way to OshKosh, by gosh. But, guess what? They LOVE Hagerstown, by golly!

And Hagerstown LOVES Neil Gilmer!!!!!

Love and constant prayer,

Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment