John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010 Update

Another encouraging day.
Dan R. was there at eight and I arrived at nine. We made him sit on the edge of the bed for some of his breakfast. By the time breakfast arrived Monica, his CNA already had him cleaned up and ready for the day.
Lisa, the energetic occupational person came in to say hi. Supposedly, don't know how soon that can happen, she'll bring a golf putter and have him give her lessons.
He did work with her later in the day but I missed it because of my admissions meeting...mostly signing papers. We will have a meeting in two weeks to make further plans. I've asked a retired nurse to try to be with me at that meeting so I get everything straight in my head. The PTs Julia and Joyce got him in the wheelchair for some therapy as well.

The Speech therapist, Tammy, invited him to her office for lunch with two other men for some conversation and lunch. However, by then he was too tired and she stayed in the room with him while he ate. We're not getting too far with this but Jim G. is trying again tonight. Last night Helene was bawled out by the roommate's wife for being too loud. So today I told the roommate I was sorry but we listen to his VERY LOUD snore all day long.

While Neil was dining with the speech therapist two of my Fabs friends, Carole and Jean brought lunch from Mimi's and the three of us dined at our own little table.
I still can't believe all of the things people think of to do. Pam even left a package on the front porch.

At the end of my visit Tony dropped in and so did Dr. Hizkill. He answered most of my questions and said Linda (nurse, I think)would be stopping by while he's away. Usually he's there on Fridays. He's going to check on Neil's pain killers as the pain continues. Yes, Ellen, all heavy duty pain killers can become addictive. I'm to call Dr. Vini Hernandez and they can make arrangements for him to go for chemo when the time is right.

Thanks to all...off to bed soon. love, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment