John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 16 post 2

Friends and family, Thanks and he's a keeper indeed, we've shared so many wonderful laughs and times together through the years indeed, just the beginning more coming, while waiting in hospital for recovery. If you didnt' get my text dad went back to the hospital today since Mom and I were up all night trying to keep up with the open wound drainage, which we weren't sure was quite right. They couldn't get the wound vacuum to work right in the hospital so ordered one and it was to come on Monday, however, they showed us how to dress the open wound and we thought we could handle it, WRONG! OMG, I have never seen such a mess, and the smell, well you can imagine my dad's nose, it turned out to be waste from his bowels somehow coming out the open wound, so when the nurse this morning checked it out and re-dressed it and it oozed on her, she said in all of her 13 years she had never seen anything like it, she got he ball moving.... Dad of course didn't want an ambulance, so yours truly drove him and mom, since mom is sooooo exhausted from being at his beckon call for days now....they are still in ER waiting to get some tests to see what the problem is, I ran home to get my car and clean up the house a bit, and to let neighbors know what's happening, to stop some deliveries and so forth... headed back and I'm sure mom will email everyone when we know more. Anyway, just wanted you to know where it stands today. I left them off at ER and mom and I got back in to Hubbard House, and I will most likely be staying this week too, my boss has been amazing. He just lost his dad so he knows how important family is during times like this.... anyway, pray and I'll try to keep you updated. Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. Love you,

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment