John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Friday, May 21, 2010

May 20



Dear Friends and Family,
Everyone is offering to do things for us.  John is  helping us with updates. so we can get more sleep.  We type and he sends. thanks John.

Today Neil received two pints of blood and had physical therapy.  He is much improved from yesterday but remains  in pain.He can now have jello and liquids in very small quantities.

we're optimistic that he's making progress.  We may not be sending daily reports. They're teaching me about the "bag" care but also telling us to visit nursing homes and what to look for in case we need one.

ellen will go home on Sunday since Dean is coming in Sat. night.

Our grandkids are sad that their daddy is coming back to florida, especially since one rat and one guinea pig died today.Samantha sent me a sad e-mail.

Neil always told the kids to "keep their chins up" so that's what we're doing.
Love and thanks,  Kay

1 comment:

  1. Garrett says---
    I love Papa Neil because he's magic. He can make balls disappear and quarters come out of my ear. I love it when he plays hide and seek with me! He is also very smart and so so cool!!
    I love him.

    ReplyDelete