John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 11, 2010 Update. Day 66.

Neil called me himself at 6 :30 a.m. to say he felt abandoned by the nurses. I arrived by 7. He had oxygen, and Gatorade that he had poured himself (so all was well). Guess he was on heavy meds!! He was right across from the nurses station in 5122 with an alarm on his bed if he tried to get up. I feel he's getting great care!!

I told him he might have to have a temporary feeding tube unless he started eating so he ate a little better today.

Since his white blood cells are out of whack he can't have flowers. vegetables or fruits in the room.

Helene and Ron stayed with him from 10-1 so I could go to church. Both doctors had been there while I was there(did not give me this news) but when the social worker came in she informed them that Neil would stay at the hospital a few days and then move to a rehabilitation center for rehab. We don't know the exact days and of course things change by the hour/minute. He remains in good spirits and so do I, most of the time!!! Love to all, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment