John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 9, 2010 Update. Day 64

Neil had his thrombectomy surgery this morning. The nurse called me at 6 as he told her he needed me before seven. When I arrived he told me there had been a lot of controversy going on in his room and the TV station was present. Obviously, (the previous story suggests) he remains on a lot of medicines. Anyway, Dr. Garnette, the vascular surgeon said his part went well but Neil still has a long way to go. At least he is not using oxygen at this time. They are continuing to try to get him to eat but he prefers Gatorade to anything. Dr. Ayadi came in this afternoon and thinks that chemo will be done in the hospital next week and that he'll return home the end of the week.

Thanks to Helene, Ron, Jim and the Geaches my PT is running smoothly again. Thanks to Carolyn for going to the gas station with me. It's been a long time since I've had that chore so she had to be sure I knew what I was doing.

Next week I've lined up some babysitters for Neil so I can come home earlier to rest up before he returns home. Thanks to Dan, Helene, Ron, Tony, and Jim.

Thanks to the Mongoven for miraculously making the old trashmaker disappear and to our daughter for making our garage look like new.

Have a great weekend...love to all. Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment