John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Friday, July 23, 2010

July 22, 2010 UPdate

Neil ate a good breakfast and friend Dan R was with him. Then he had therapy before I got there. At lunch he, I and two residents had lunch with the speech therapist. After that he rested and later Dan S came for a visit.

He says his plan is to go ahead with aggressive chemo (assuming the oncologist will allow it)even if he can't stand. The Palms van will take us there. Our appointment on the 29th will let us know the plan.

Last night was interesting. The Palms called me at 11 to say he was going to the hospital for a blood transfusion. Of course I panicked, dressed and went to the Palms. I insisted he go to Dr. Phillips instead of the closer hospital in case there was more to this than met the eye. Well, at 2:30 a.m. Neil called to say there had been a false reading and he was headed back to the Palms. Thank goodness all is well and I slept a little later knowing he was ok after all. The wonderful nurse from last night called me at 7:30 as her shift was ending and told me he was fine and for me to get some sleep myself.
God bless us all. Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment