John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Friday, July 23, 2010

July 23, 2010 Update

Today was a great day. Neil ate all of his breakfast while talking to friends D.R and J. W., fellow golfers. He asked to go to therapy at 10 so he could get started exercising...eager beaver. I don't know what happened but said there was some stir with his messing up the schedule.

At lunch we again ate with the speech therapist and two patients. It was pizza day but he couldn't chew it...not enough teeth and full from breakfast I guess.

His roommate went home today so now he has another. Both he and his wife work for Disney. Neil slept until Helene and Ron arrived with enough yellow gatorade to last for months. Then Tony brought milk shakes for both of us. I'm going to be as big as a barrel. When I got home Sherry E from SC called to see how I was doing since they read the blog about Neil. Neil was in their wedding almost 50 years ago.
Thanks to all for your prayers. I think they're working through this part of the adventure. We'll see what the oncologist says on the 29th. love to all, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment