John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Friday, November 19, 2010

Love and sorrow from Portage, MI

My first time on a private boat was with Mr. Gilmer and Dean. Of course Dean didn't like boating much, but went along just because his old roommate was visiting his folks in Farmington Hills, MI.
We got on the boat and started cruising the lake, and for some reason Mr. Gilmer "Neil" decides to stop and take a look at the beautiful lake and eat a few Chocolate M&Ms. When he decides to go back the engine wouldn't start, so he calls the marina for help, a young kid comes with his rescue boat and gets on our boat and pushes his rescue boat away and tried to start our boat. I paused for a minute while I was thinking about how it was that this kid was planning on getting back while his boat was drifting away, after he pushed it away from our boat. I was the only one, at first, to see that there was something wrong with this picture. Anyway, I had a wonderful time every time I visited and miss you and Kay so much after you left Michigan. I just found out that Neil has passed away this morning hopefully to a better place.
May peace be with him. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
Take care Kay, Ellen and Dean.
Love
Fadi, your best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment