John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thinking of You

Kay, Mary Anne, Dean and Ellen,

I am so very sorry for your loss and while I know that this is a very difficult time, I'm confident that your fond and loving memories will sustain you.

I'm sorry I didn't know Neil personally but I am so very appreciative that he pushed me to get Dad to write about his experiences in the war and, subsequently, to write what has become such a treasure to our family. We will be forever indebted to him. I hope he knew how grateful we all were.

I wish I were closer to be able to give each of you a big hug.

May you find peace in the coming days.

With love,

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kay, Dean, Ellen and Mary Anne,

    I was so very saddened to learn of Neil's passing and send you my most heartfelt sympathy.

    May the memories of his bright, beaming eyes and warm, husky laugh, the song in his heart, and the loving fondness he shared with each of you provide respite and comfort as we all grieve the loss of this good man -- husband, father and brother -- who left us much too soon.

    Love,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete