John Neil Gilmer

February 7, 1941 - November 19, 2010


Translate

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Anniversary Wishes from Michigan

Hi Neil & all...................
Hope this note finds you at home over the memorial day holiday.
Turn the clock back to 1964, you were getting ready to be married tomorrow, and I was graduating from PU. Add one week and it finds you graduating from Earlham and my getting married. Here wishing you and Kay a happy 46th anniversary. Who would have thought these two women would have put up with us for that long.
We are enjoying a nice day, here in Sturgis. I (am)getting ready to cook some hamburgs on the grill. We finally had to turn the AC on this past week. It finally hit 85. Seems like we just turned off the furnace a couple of weeks ago.
I read Dean's summary of the 2+2. I remember that car. It was pretty quick. I did not remember that it had a 3 speed. I was thinking 4. The 66 chevy that I had was a 4 speed. The 1st gear was a bit doggy. Lots of torque, but not much speed. It had a mean 2nd gear though. Esther used to take it to school and scare all the old teachers riding with her.
I found a couple of pictures of the gang this week. I will get them scanned and sent to Dean. We'll see if you can remember when they were taken.
Take care of yourself. I will visit with you via email again later.
Larry H

(Editor's Note: Jungle Cruising and the 65 2+2 Story was not written by Dean, though he was in the back seat for many of the cruises.)

1 comment:

  1. (Editor's Note: Neil confirms it was a 3 speed with a Ford truck transmission.)

    ReplyDelete